Click here to read the article
Short summary.
Caesarean is the U.S.’ most common surgery. The rate is higher than other industrialized countries. (15)
Long summary.
The high percent in caesareans sections in American hospitals had placed the U.S with a higher rate ever. States like New Jersey and Florida had the highest rate. However, Utah and Alaska were the lowest. Some increase come from unnecessary request of the patients. Other fact is those older women are giving more births nowadays.(55)
Reaction:
I’m disappointed with this fact, because women are asking for caesarean unnecessarily. Caesarean can bring secondary effects or complications. However, vaginal delivery has a lot of advantages. In my experience as a mother, I recommend all women to have their baby naturally. I only agree in extremely cases that mothers or babies are in dangerous or facing any complication at last time.(63)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This article makes me realize that most of my friends wanted to have a caesarean delivery.
ReplyDeleteWhy was I the only one who wanted a vaginal delivery ?
In my opinion if a woman is able to do it, she should do it. Having a baby through a natural delivery is the perfect way to say "I am a woman"
I have three kids. Matthew is 8, George is 3 and Derick is 2.
When someone asks me " was it easy having a natural delivery" I say: yes, even though I was not under anesthesia.
I think we should focus on loving our babies. Therefore, I love my sons, especially Matthew, the only one who didn't come to me through a delivery.
If this is so dangerous, why doctors keep doing this in cases that they are not needed? Is the doctor who take the decision if a women will give birth by caesarean, isn’t him? I think that not only in China doctor are doing unnecessary caesarean to make more money, but here in the United States too. Because, if a caesarean is not needed, why would a doctor do it? Because the women giving birth ask him to do it that way? Ok, she might want the easy way, but who is the one that know how dangerous could be that? I don’t think that women are really aware of these risks, and how dangerous can be giving birth by caesarean. I blame doctors and health organizations that allow caesareans so often, because if they say that a caesareans are only going to be done when really need to be done, no body is going to force a doctor to do a caesarean if it’s not needed.
ReplyDeleteCaesarean birth can protect the mother and newborn from harm in situations when natural birth is not a safe alternative. This procedure, like any other major surgery has considerable risks and should not be a choice of convenience or comfort. Medical guidelines are known of when Caesarean surgery is recommended. This decision should be made by a doctor, free of pressure from the patient or legal organizations. When possible major surgery such as Caesarean birth should be avoided.
ReplyDelete